Monday, November 12, 2012

ECLECTICISM

This if my first post in Blogger and I want to share this to you.



"Layers, textures, and color – oh my! Mix and match and see how eclectic you can get."


I have always been and always will be a child of fashion - even if you will call my style a bit outrageous for your taste or weird enough and ridiculous for you to look upon. It's me. It's how I do it. It's how I feel and grow into the mainstream world of the retail therapy-induced beauty of the   fashion industry.
I love to mix and match certain and different pieces together to create a cohesive look. I'm even planning on wearing my first ever heelless shoes but I don't know when because it's still a plan and it's still too pricey for me and I still have to save lots of cash to purchase a gorgeous pair! But I won't lose hope and will keep on keeping my fingers crossed.

The good thing and fun part of being eclectic is you can mix and pair different pieces together and experiment to achieve a look that signifies you and will trademark you. Here is an example. 


Roisin Murphy

Roisin Murphy's erratic style


Europe's disco diva Roisin Murphy might not be a huge pop star (in fact I love she is not in the mainstream) but she is an untiringly muse for couturiers and an undoubtedly style icon.
Her fashion sense matches the eclectic music she's known for, a cutting-edge electronic, pop and dance mix, with references going from her idol Grace Jones to David Bowie circa Ziggy Stardust era.


Being eclectic in fashion is something to be proud of - not to be ashamed of and feel awkward. It shows just how artistic a fashionista can be and how distinguishable he/she can be from a crowd of hyper-branded fellow fashionistas.
Keep in mind always that eclecticism in fashion doesn't need a wad of cash. You can thrift and purchase cheap finds and a lot of cheaper brands or not branded at all are stunning and artistic. So get up, go out, buy those thrifty and cheap clothes hanging on racks and you'll surely be ready to go and strut them on the scene!


Check out the links here:

eclectic look

No comments:

Post a Comment